Friday, March 04, 2005

Piano

Pianos are such amazing instruments! You can get so many different styles of music out of them. Usually I like to get a classical sound out of it or possibly a rag-time sound. And then of course there are the hymns I play every third Sunday which have there own special sound! But right now I am engrossed in trying to get a country western music sound out of a piano. And not just a regular piano-it is a key-board which at sometimes may be more fun than a regular piano but it is much harder to play by far!! But it is a nessecity because I am accompanying my brother Ben who is singing at a wedding. The song that he is to sing is written in a higher key than he can sing. So instead of trying to write the whole song out in a different key on other sheet music, -- I cheat!! :) There is a knob on the keyboard that lets me play any key signature I want - without changing the notes that I am playing! Now for those of you out there who haven't taken any sort of music lessons this may be a rather in-depth description. You'll just have to trust me when I say that it really IS cheating!! But it's fun!! The rehearsal went well tonight and all that is left to do is perform the song without any major flub-ups. I'll write again of how the song goes.

3 Comments:

At 1:42 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Someone in our church--Dale and Trisha...I don't know if you know them. Your dad probably does.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger sarah said...

Mark, don't you *ever* sleep?! Anna, what song are you guys doing?

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Anna's at the wedding right now actually...I'm here watching Kylee. I'm wondering how that song went...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home