Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Wedding

Wow! It has been over a week already since the wedding! I guess I should update you all on how it went.

Well...The song, called "Bless the Broken Road" originally sung by 'Rascal Flats' a country western group, went well in my opinion. Ben unfortunately made a very minor flub-up. He forgot a couple words of the chorus, but I was able to cue him in very quickly and only the people who knew the song or knew music noticed. Ben felt really bad though. My piano playing had no major mistakes. Not that anyone would have noticed otherwise. The original arrangement is with the guitar and drums mostly. Piano normally would play a small role in the accompaniment. So since no one knew what the piano was supposed to sound like in the first place - I got to do pretty much what I wanted! -While keeping Ben on key of course. :)

The whole wedding had a country theme to it. The colors were Black, White and Red. The groomsmen all wore cowboy boots and new black wrangler jeans. White collar-less shirts w/ black vests completed their outfits. The bridesmaids all wore different styles of black dresses. The decorations were black & white neck-kerchiefs with candles on top of them. Red roses with other white flowers lots of greenery.

It was a beautiful wedding and reception and I was very glad to be there. Bro. Mark could almost have been called my 'date' for the occation. He did the sound at church for the ceremony. We all (Mark, Ben, and I) had lots of fun!

6 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger La*Oriente said...

Yay!! I'm glad you pulled off that "Blessed" country song!!

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

Agh! I posted a comment on here just after you posted-but it appears to have been lost.
Oh well. I'm glad it went well! I like that song.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Sara... I don't understand why you suddenly think a country wedding would be cool. You are the one who hates country music. :p

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

HA,HA,HA! Oh he's got you there li'l Sara darlin'.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger CelloChic said...

Hi Anna. Country weddings are wicked. I won't come to your wedding if it's a cowboy one, Sara. You need to be married by the sea and have a shark motif.
Anyway, since this is Anna's blog...it is my duty as a fellow blogger to keep your blog well fed. Your last post is dated the 15th or March. Then again, you do have a life, and a job...

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Hey you! Its time to post girl--get on the job. Yeah, I know you're a little busy at the moment...have fun with my niecey and nephew in SC! (I'm totally jealous) =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home