Sunday, May 22, 2011

God is good and faithful

By virtue of the fact that my car was blocking my husband Tom's in the driveway, we drove my car to church today.
Later in the afternoon we drove it again to prayer meeting. On our way Tom, who drove, noticed the alignment of my car was pulling to the right. I thought it must have been knocked out when I went over a particularly high speed bump at 6mph instead of 5 - literally.
Anyway...
I decided I wanted to drive home. I had the option of going local or the Expressway. Because of where we had parked Tom suggested local. O.k - sure, it's prettier that way anyway. I like babying my accelerator to save on the gas mileage - so I didn't really mind that I'm stuck behind a slowpoke. The closer we get to home the more my car alignment is pulling to the right. Also there is a weird squeaking coming from the foot pedals. I remember that a few days ago I'd thought that right front tire was low. We decide to check it just as we get to the house. Oh yeah. It's REALLY low. Tom and I drive it a couple blocks to the nearest gas station and fill it with air. I'll take my car in tomorrow and have it patched. (I found where there is a nail in it)

On the way home I thought back over the day how God was gracious to us.
*The traffic was slow on the Expressway on our way to prayer meeting.
*I like to baby my accelerator.
*We went local streets on our way home.
*The air was free at the gas station.

If we had not taken my car today I would possibly not have noticed the leak until after I was at the college tomorrow. Or on the way to the college.

I have a very thankful heart this evening.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Emily S said...

Wow, that could have been nasty! Glad you're back blogging again :)

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Thanks Em!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home