Saturday, July 15, 2006

Alaska Vol. 1

I have decided that I shall have to blog in segments. We just did too much on the trip to put it all into one post.

The first experience of the trip was that I was on a different airline on the way up there. (It was cheaper) My flight got into AK about an hour after the other 3 had already gotten in. It was misting outside, (which I was told was rain) and even though it was quite late we went to a nearby restaurant to have dinner. We were also waiting for the speaker’s flight to come in. (It did pore down rain while we ate) The food was good as well as the company but I was a bit worn out from the long day so I was relieved when we left for our lodgings for the night. We dropped the guys off, (Brian and the speaker: Roth) at the house where they were staying and we did waste any time going to the Long's home where Jackie, Shawnee, and myself were bunking in with Lisa and Julie.




The following morning hiking on a glacier was on the schedule. We packed a lunch, picked up the guys and headed out. It was quite the drive and I was in the Saab with the two potential motion sick people. Lisa - driving, and Shawnee in the front. BTW: All of the Long's drive Saabs.


The scenery along the drive was incredible and I found that in Alaska you don't seem to have any flat lands or plains, you have big hills and mountains. So if you happen to be driving along straight and flat it is because you are driving along a ridge or through a valley.





We had lunch before we hiked out with ski poles and footgear to help us out.




I started this post a while ago and I don't have the pics to finish it. Mark can you help me? The pics are on the computer up there. Can you size them down and e-mail them? Pretty please? I know like you have nothing better to do! :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

Glad you finally are getting to this! I am also very glad that you took the time to show me your pics from this trip the last time I saw you. I guess I never thought that would be the last time I saw you tween then and now but then life isn't always predictable.
Patiently waiting for the next installment!

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Mark said...

hmmm...

it's a nuisence on this computer because I can't go wireless and get a better transfer speed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home