Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Iceskating results

I did it!!!
I had fun and skated to the music and didn't fall...well...that is I didn’t fall until after I had taken my bow! So it doesn't count as part of the program. Oh yes it was quite embarrassing. I had just turned and was starting to skate off when my right toe-pick caught somehow in the ice and I...well, I went flying head first into 2nd base! (in front of the grandstands no less) *sigh* Oh well, I did get up laughing, waved and skated off. The girl who skated right after me though was doing a jump in that same corner of the ice and she fell too! So I am going to blame this whole incident on the ice. There must have been a rut that was just waiting for someone to catch it!

Other than my rather unique finish, I had a wonderful time. Right now I am paying for flying/falling. I bruised my left knee rather badly and right hip as well. (yeah that's how flat I fell) My muscles (biceps, triceps, shoulder, neck) are rather sore as well from the shock of the impact and my arms going out to brace my fall. I didn't exactly want to skin my nose!!

My dear friend Emily caught my program on her video camera and unfortunately the fall as well. She had been just about to turn off the camera when- "SPLAT”! Then she of course had to keep the camera rolling for my reaction. So only a select few will be allowed to watch the video in its entirety! Right my dear Emmy??? I won’t hold you to a promise but you must tell me who you show it to without me there.

11 Comments:

At 3:20 AM, Blogger Nathan said...

CAN I?CAN I?CAN I? PLEEEAAASE? I wanna watch it!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Gloria said...

Oh Anna I so wish I was there. (Not to see you fall though that would have been funny) I would love to see the video. I have never seen a program somthing like other than on TV. So please can I watch it too. :)

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

I WANT to see it Emily.

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Mike said...

If you let me see it, I will try not laugh.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Emmy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Emmy said...

Oh it was a beautiful skate!! and the fall....priceless, it was all I could do not to make a sound when that happened cuz I knew the video camera would pick it up!! So, I think a few people are up for a showing Anna :)

 
At 4:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations on skating well in your program!!! :) -Beth

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger CelloChic said...

Way to go, Anna!!! I'm sure you're an elegant beauty on the ice!

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Gloria said...

Hi Anna. How was the Nutcracker?

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Emmy said...

Annabelle, when may we have a showing of your performance?

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Emily~
We can schedule a showing of the program after I have sufficiently recovered from the mortification of the evening! :D
I would like to have a showing when Nate is in town. Can't I have a copy of that part of the video so I can take it to various relatives?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home