Saturday, June 04, 2011

Comfort Foods

Often these days, when I don't know what to make for dinner and don't even know what I want to eat, I've been turning to the old mac'n'cheese - from a box.

Growing up, I had never heard of Kraft mac and cheese - or any other boxed mac and cheese for that matter. When I first tasted it I was in my mid-teens at a babysitting job. Kraft M&C was on the menu for dinner and I ate with the kids. I was not impressed.

To tell the truth I still don't like it...which is why I add all sorts of things to make it really yummy!

Last night I added sauteed mushrooms and of course the required extra cheese. This time instead of adding the usual sharp cheddar, I tried adding pepperjack. Wow! It was fabulous! Definitely my kind of comfort food! :)

Other times I have added chopped fresh parsley with or without mushrooms. But always I add an extra 3/4 - 1 cup of shredded cheese. Usually sharp cheddar.

It always hits the spot!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger Emily S said...

Oh I used to eat Mac&Cheese all the time in college...it was the best thing ever!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home