Saturday, May 07, 2005

Work! Work! Work!

Always working! Always waiting for Friday to come...Friday afternoon that is-5 o'clock to be exact. If any of the people who read these sparce posts I am able to come up with wonder why I don't write very much, here is my excuse: Work. I know, I know, it's a pretty lame excuse, but it works! It seems the past few weeks I haven't been able to leave work, mentally that is, at the end of the day. My work-load for some reason seems to have gotten bigger. Please don't get me wrong by these complaints. I like my job. The people are really great to work with! How many people are blessed with christian bosses and a majority of chritians working in your office? Why should I be stressed?
BTW: It isn't only my job that sometimes has me in a tizzy. No a week from today I will be taking my ice-skating testing! Because of my work schedule I am unable to practice more than once a week. I am really feeling my lack of practice and sometimes wonder if I have bit off more than I can chew!

Enough griping! I have been doing well overall, and have even managed to squeeze in a little fun into the schedule. I have attended my oldest bro. softball for the past 3 weeks and so far he hasn't lost any games. In fact a few of the games they have ten-runned the other team! I say that I have attended the games, but I actually get to see very little of them. I take care of my niece during the games and so get to watch very little.

My older bro. in Germany made my day yesterday. He called me at work! Maybe that doesn't sound like much but I had a grin on my face for about 2 hours after he called and then it finally faded to a smile. I did have one grimace that day when a customer with a very "fresh" perfume, had me finding out what he wanted really fast, and retreating to the back to send one of my co-workers up to help him. He didn't like the price that we gave him and left. But not soon enough! To dispell the lingering odor, and not having anything else to use, I opened a very large black marking pen which did the job very nicely.

I shall endeavor to keep this blog up better in the future, just so people know I'm still alive, and that things are happening in my life too!

Sara & Beka, this post was to keep you happy! :)

10 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Yay! You're back. That guy sure sounded kinda weird. I wonder how often he showers anyway (if ever)? Ah well--its what makes life interesting. Don't worry about the testing, I'm sure you'll be fabulous. I'll be rooting for you even from Kelowna!

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Anna,
Nice to see an new posting. Must agree with Kat have never thought of using one foul oder to drown out another...interesting solution.
As to the testing I haven't done any of that yet but even with 2-3 days of practice a week i am sure I will be nervous since things don't come easily for me. I wish you the best and hope it all goes well...please do let us know.

Beka,
Nosey me here, what will you doing in Kelowna? I have a good friend who lives near there who is expecting her first baby in the next two weeks so the name of the town just caught my eye...you don't have to answer if you don't want to!

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Mark said...

HA! That's brilliant! Crystal, markers don't smell bad--they just make you pass out :)

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

You're talking to the world champion busy-body Crystal...=) I'll be in Kelowna for a small weekend youth conference/retreat. Mark is going as well.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Mark,
Thanks for the clarification...if you are passed out you can't smell anything and it will have passed by the time you wake up...I knew there was more to this story!

Thanks Beka! You both have a great time and I hope to hear all about your adventures!

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna! This is Elizabeth. I love reading yours and your sibs' blogs! I have one on Xanga as "jaxgirl" ... Nathan's in Germany?! drop me a line sometime, ok? beth_bailey@yahoo.com

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Anna said...

FYI: The pen I used was actually almost out of ink. So it was not as strong as it could have been. As I mentioned though it is a VERY large pen. And believe me, the pen's smell dispeled alot faster than the other aroma would have!

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Anna! I'm glad I was able to make your day better. I know I was happy to talk to you. I guess I could try to sympathize with you about the smell, but it'd be hard because I seem to have a fair tolerance of somewhat foul odors.

Kelowna, Beka? Wow. Take care of Mark for me, will ya? ;P Don't have too much fun. Vaya con Dios. Aufwiedersehen.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Two different languages!! My are we smart!! It wasn't only the aroma of the "guy" that came in. You see he invaded my space. He got within 2ft from me! :O

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shame on him! If I had been there, I would have, um, uh,... What could I have done to him? I'd really like to know. Beat him up with no explanation? ;D Heeheehee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home