Friday, May 20, 2005

Results

I got it done!!!

There were a few nerve racking moments-well make that alot of nerve-racking moments, but everything came out in the end!! I went skating on the Friday before testing after work. I went with cousin Elliott and we almost had the ice to ourselves. I had a good practice then and Saturday morning as well. After the Sat morning session I went home and stressed out while crocheting and baking. At about 4 Mom, Kylee and I headed back to the rink.

I got on the ice was at about 10 till 5. It was the warm-up for that level testing. "Preliminary moves in the field" The only thing was, I was the only one out there! The other 2 girls who were also taking the same test hadn't shown up yet. (One of them did manage to show up before the time to test) I was first up. My stomach was in knots but I put forward a calm, cool, & collected front and made my way across the ice to the judges box. (With testing you 'check in' first) Arms out, wrists up like a 'lady'. You have to skate like that to make it seem as if you know what your doing. :) As I finished the first element of forward and backward cross-overs in a figure-eight pattern, I was a little short of breath. The rest of the test went o.k. with only 2 flub-ups that I was worried about. For those of you who know a little about skating, one was on my inside spirals and the other on my outside 3 turns. But come to find out my worries were almost groundless! To pass the test 2 of the 3 judges have to give me a passing score, and that is what happened! YES!!

After that part of the test was done I went on the other test that I was there for. "Pre-preliminary freestyle" This time on the warmup there were about 8 skaters out there on the ice. I started to go through my jump: walz jump - landed, salchow - landed, toe-loop - fell, >>shock<< This one is an easy jump for me and I hadn't fallen in months on it! I did get back up and do 2 more just to assure myself that I knew how to do it! I went through the rest of the elements without mishap. (half flip, half lutz, and a 1 foot spin) In the actuall test I passed without any really big problems. The spin was a little short-only 4 revolutions and I traveled a bit with it. Overall though all of the judges passed me on this test as well! Yay!!

All told, I had a great time and now Elliott and I, Lord willing, will be working on a program (yeah, an actual program!) There is a spring/summer program that is not on a Sunday! I will be posting the progress of this program and also what the exact date of the program is.

Thank you all for your interest!!

5 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

You see Anna? That was outside your comfort zone, and you did it anyway. I'm so glad for you darling!

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed! I'm totally imagining you skating on TV to beautiful music like in the Olympics. Were you ice skating while I lived in WA? Congratulations! Who is Elliot? Elizabeth Bailey

 
At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooo hoooo! Wonderful! Wait a second...does that mean you passed? Hehe. Wish I coulda been there. Keep on truckin'.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Beka-ya I guess it was a little out of my comfort zone, but it was fun too!

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Hi Beth!! I think the Olympics is a long, long ways away in my dreams!! ;) Elliott is my cousin who first got me to take ice-skating lessons about 2 years ago. He quit for a while (perhaps to give me a better chance to catch up to his level :) ) but he is back now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home