Friday, November 17, 2006

First day back at work

When I woke up this morning I didn't know if I would have to go to work today or tomorrow. So I called my co-worker Juan.
Juan: Hola?
Me: Juan Jo?
Juan: Si.
Me: Ok Juan Jo this is Anna so you'll have to talk in English! :)

Yup, I did have to work. I did one of my 'get ready in 10 min'. I am in front of the store at 9:35. (Supposed to be 9:30) No one there. That's ok I'm used to it. Juan shows up at 9:45 (his normal time) and we start the day.

I am almost done setting up one of the cases when Juan comes up from the back and asks: "Are you done?" Almost. "Well you get to put it all back - they're not opening the store today." Arrg! This is ok - life is still good. The sun is shining and there is no rain on the forecast as of yet.

There is still much to do at the store. I got to clean all morning. Change the answering machine so people don't think we are supposed to be open today. I also got to go to the-

Post Office.

Everything was pretty normal except on my way out there was an old gentleman sitting on one of the benches inside. He says, "Hey young lady, thank you for wearing a dress. You look really nice. It used to be in my day that all of the ladies wore dresses. I was born in 1920. Grace Kelly wore a really nice one every time she went to visit her son. All really beautiful women wear them. I think they're making a come-back though, they're even in Walmart."

Something like that. I was standing next to the door so I wasn't able to hear extremely well from the car noise outside. He was very sweet though and he helped make my day!!!

4 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Yeehaw!! 2 posts in 1 day!!!!


(Actually I was wearing a skirt)

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Gloria said...

That was really a very sweet thing to say on the part of the old man. Personally I agree with him in part though I really don't care to wear dresses (or skirts) on my part.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Balvanz said...

Awww, how sweet of that man. There is something very feminine and lovely about dresses and skirts!

Loved the part about Jaun, it made me laugh. :)

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Haha! What a very nice gentleman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home