Friday, November 17, 2006

A homey sight

Four year-old Mary, is sitting on the counter watching mommy make pancakes for breakfast.

Mary: "Mommy?"

Rachel: "What Mary?"

Mary: "Mommy, I just, I, I, I just got a, I just smashed a fly, I just grabbed it out of the air and squished it."

Rachel: "I hope it was a small one."

Mary: "Ya, Ya it was."

Rachel: "That's good or it would be yucky!"

Mary: "Oh, I just, I just dropped it on the floor."

Rachel: "Oh good so we get to step on it!" (Rachel is barefoot)

Mary: "It, it just, it just went under the kitchen cabinets."




My siblings will probably know about Mary's way of go, stop, go, stop, go, way of talking. :) As if she is still figuring out what to say- as she is saying it. And then halfway through she realizes a better way to say it and starts over.

I am soon to be back to work. 2 1/2 weeks of vacation is ok if you have something to do or somewhere to go besides school that is. So I'll be glad to be back to work.

5 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Woo-hoo!! 2 posts in 2 weeks!!!

Not 2 months

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna - such a fun little "homey sight" you wrote about! Would love to hear more about your life in Cali! -Beth in Germany

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Gloria said...

Oh Anna that was so cute. I really picture it though I've never met her. We have a resident at work who talks the same way. And congrats on your 2 posts in 2 weeks. Keep up the good work.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Nathan said...

Wow! Snatching flies right out of the air at such a young age? She must have a pretty high midiclorian count! Maybe she should enter the Jedi Academy! Although, squishing the fly might be a sign of the influence of the dark side...

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Oh my--Anna you gave us an excellently accurate rendering of the scene I'm sure. How adorable. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home