Friday, June 10, 2005

Stories From Work

I work as a salesman/receptionist/secretary/clerk at a glass shop. Hence the name Girl Friday! Life there can be fun, hard, stressful, and at times amusing. One of the amusing times...

I come into work on a Monday morning; not really wanting to be there after the weekend, but ready to take on the day. Walking into my office I put down my purse and notice a sticky note on the mug that I keep at work. It says 'cup'. Interesting! I look up at my desk and notice that there are a few more small sticky notes around my office. Just about everything moveable had a label on it! There was one for the desk, stapler, phone, mouse, keypad, shiny paper holder, just to name a few! I also had some pics of my niece to which was attached the label: "cutie pie"! I had a really good laugh that gave me a great start for the day! I collected them all up and saved them in my drawer for another day when I needed a laugh! But another laugh came a few days/weeks later. (I can't remember how long it was now!) One day while working I had to refill my 'shiny paper holder'. (it is a holder for 3 inch square sticky notes) I found the last label left!! This one said 'out of paper need to refill'!!

8 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Yeah, well, I tried to do that at Clean Water when I worked there. They didn't find it so very amusing...I just don't understand people without a sense of humor. Ach!

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger sarah said...

Hmm . . . sounds like it could've been a few people, like: Joel, Susan, Kevin R. Davis, etc. Just be careful if you find one that says "ouch". You never know what it might mean. ;)

Wish you were coming out w/Mom and Bek.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Sarah, I found out later it was Larry on a dead Saturday where there was nothing for him to do!!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

How very funny! Just thinking about it made me laugh and it wasn't even my office that was labled! Thanks for sharing a laugh.

Say I did go and check out the pics on Mark's blog...very funny. The ensuing posts about Nathan and Marks studdliness were also amusing.

Nice to see you the other night and I am looking forward to having you over one of these evening sometime soon. Let me know what nights you are free so I can plan on it.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Gloria said...

Sounds like something Tina would do! Funny very Funny!

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Gloria said...

Hi Anna its me. Come to my blog when you can. I have something to show you. You can get to it through Andrea's blog. See you there!!

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Hey you--how's the nails? Just wondering...

Miss you loads.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Say Anna don't you think its about time for a new post??? Just wondering! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home