Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Another story from work

Yep another story! Another fun one!! But then, which other stories are worth remembering and telling?

There is an old movie starring, Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis. It is a dumb story line but there is a pop machine in the movie that never works, it just eats your change...until near the end of the movie that is. Well ours at work can have its days as well. On the day that this incident took place; I was to feel as if I won the lottery.

It was last summer, probably around August-(A very hot day, otherwise I would not have gone to get a pop) I stuck my coins in the slot and pushed the 'Sierra Mist' button. My can came out, and then another, then another, they just kept coming!! I ended up with 9 cans of pop! Yes, I did share with anyone in the office who wanted any. Yes, we did call the company and tell them their machine was malfunctioning. No, I didn't pay for the other cans. I think it all came out even in the end, seeing as the machine usually has the habit of shorting people change. But this wasn't the end! You would almost think I emptied the machine of Sierra Mist, but the next day a co-worker who hadn't heard of the incident, tried to get a Sierra Mist and ended with 6 cans of it!!

This is probably the closest I will be to feeling like I won the lottery. Seeing as I believe that "gambling is a tax on people who are bad at math"!

8 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Old dumb movies are usually the best...what's the name of this one? I don't think I have heard of it but it sounds just dumb enough to entertain me for a short period of time.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

That's fabulous sis. No doubt I've heard it before this but it is none the less an exteemly riveting tale. So how are the nails?

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Emmy said...

The movie is At War with the Army :)

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Gloria said...

Very interesting.But the sad thing is the one my work has a habit of eating change, but never giving anyone pop. I guess you have all the luck *sigh*. :)

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Thanks Emily! I might have to look that one up sometime.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Yes, that's the title!...Couldn't remember.

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome!

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Gloria said...

Hey Anna how have you been doing? I have not heard much from you lately. Are you still around?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home