Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Random Thoughts on a Valentines Night

How long can caffeine last in the system?

For me...a bit over 2 days. So if I have any it's: 'LOOK OUT WORLD, I'M ON A ROLL!!!'

As I'm coming off of it I inevitably get a migraine and then it's: 'i'm fading from this world and entering the shadow lands, i will soon be a wraith.

Last Sunday morning I had some caffeinated tea in the morning. Tuesday night at choir practice I was helpless before the onslaught of pain in the right side of my brain. Stuck without any hope of relief, I was forced to endure a new soprano behind me - on the right side. She has a very piercing voice and is young still in her thinking that she has to sing louder than everyone. I didn't even have a Tylenol!

I did survive, but just barely.

To counter that:

On the way home from work today I had to pick something up for Rachel in Carmel Valley. Today the weather was absolutely gorgeous! The sun was out, the sky blue with just a scattering of fluffy white clouds here and there, and a nice cool breeze from the ocean that was positively fabulous! (This is late spring-early summer weather for WA) The hills here are just becoming green. They are no longer a dull brownish/tan. They have come alive with color! Forty Shades of Green runs through my head when I see them.

On the drive east down Carmel Valley, I passed vineyards, golf courses, a park, ranchos...passing one ranch I even saw a "cowboy" moving about 8 head of cattle in front of him down a trail. Then another road north to get home. Up and over the hill into the Salinas valley. I would love to take that drive again in a convertible. With someone with me of course so that we can exclaim over the view and the wonders of God's incredible creation. Today I almost wished I had a camera, but that would almost spoil it somehow.



Last thought:

Just wondering if "the group" went out for dessert at Anthony's for Valentines Day? I missed you all this year. I got to make dinner for Sis and Bro, and 3 little ones. Which reminds me, I need to get some pics of the older ones on here. I'll have to do that soon.

10 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annabelle, I know I know, I feel terrible guilty. I'm the one who has organized the group for 3 years...but this year I wasn't single and available, so I desert them :)

Hey ya'll!!! I've made reservations at Anthony's for the group! You should be getting a call or email today.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Anna said...

We are still having absolutly wonderful weather by the way. Today (Friday) is supposed to have highs around 71 in Salinas. 65 in Carmel.

If my little sis can gloat over her nails than I can gloat over the weather!!! :P

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna you make me sick! :)

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

You could follow my example and refrain from gloating verbally. Perhaps pictures of your alleged weather would be sufficient?

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

The weather sounds lovely! It was pretty nice here last week but I am secretly hopeing for another snow storm before the month is out!

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Gloria said...

Being allergic to caffeine I can totally feel for you. But also being alergic to tylenol I know what it feels like to have no relief. But I'm glad you survived.

And...



Happy Valentines Day !!!




Three days late.... :)

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

this is the third time I'm trying to leave a comment.
We miss you. What a delightful and selfless way to spend Valentines day!
Blessings girl...

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

I hear that the flu has hit your household--are you staying healthy?

Chicken soup!

Lovings.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Anna said...

The bug has hit us. So far it has eluded me. Or I have eluded it!! Justus had it pretty bad and the other two not far behind him.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Emmy said...

Oh Anna I can picture you now, floating around the ill house like a nurse from the 1800s. Make sure you don't get sick too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home